Actually, it’s COFFEE’S bust. I am making it. I started out with a head like this one… (take BEFORE PICTURES, Rachel… BEFORE pictures….) This isn’t THE head, because as mentioned, I forgot to take pictures BEFORE. At any rate, I got mine at the thrift store, and it was super cheap.
THEN I took it, and added a base to it, using a foam support for a lampshade that came with a lamp we bought. (TAKE DURING pictures, Rachel, DURING.) I should also mention I LOVE liquid nails. Glued that baby down TIGHT.
Next, I used that Spray Foam Sealer that you can buy at wal mart. It expands. I used it to create her shoulder and chest area… then once it was hard, and cut it all to shape. (AGAIN, with the photo reminder, Rachel)
Once I had my shape, I made paper mache’ to cover the shoulder and chest, and shape a face. THEN once all that was dry, I smoothed out the paper mache with joint compound.
FINALLY, with the pictures…
BUT joint compound will not be sturdy once it’s dry, when it’s been spread so thinly… so I covered THAT with decoupaged dictionary paper…
She’s really shaping up even more nicely than I imagined, and I COULD have stopped here, but I’m still playing… more to come on that!!
© Rachel Whetzel Please do not use content or images without written permissions. Email Me