When I turned 34, I made a list.
A list of goals for the year.
34 of them.
I don’t really like the idea of resolutions, but I DO enjoy the One Word project, and I really like the idea of thoughtfully applying that word to my intentions for the year.
Since I missed my birthday, I thought I’d just make a list.
A couple of my blogging friends (whose lists weren’t as long as mine) have done what is I think, blogging tradition for some.
Tara’s was one of my favorites.
I snuck a couple from her.
Here is my list. Some of them are from my list when I was 34… some of them are new. I put the ones I snuck from Tara here in gray. I didn’t make a list of 37. I just made a list.
- Write a book
- Teach Art
- Take more pictures
- Make more dolls
- Advocate more for children in public places
- Visit museums
- Plant a garden
- Milk the goats
- Shop small and local (I will try to do this MORE.)
- Learn Spanish
- Make/Recycle gifts next year
- Learn to crochet
- Cook with my kids
- Leave messages or gifts of love in random places
- Make TIME for my home life
- Be present in the little moments
- Create art with my kids
- Let go of what others want me to be and Just Be Me
- Say No more often
- Breath first and then speak from my heart
- Go camping
- Visit the river
- Visit my mom more.
- Hold my grand baby lots.
- Eat naturally
- Go watch Theater again
- Show my gratitude for life each day
- Go for a walk by the light of the moon
- SLOW DOWN