Sitting with my marshmallows melting in my hot chocolate this morning.
It’s a perfect post holiday drink.
Just enough really HOT chocolate to melt the two handfulls of marshmallows.
Somehow, this year has gone by the fastest of any past year.
I know they go by faster as you get older.
I’m relatively OK with that.
This year was REALLY FAST.
Nothing went slowly, and it seems
like we JUST STARTED.
And I was pretty Bah Humbug this year.
Especially when I found out I’d be the grown up in charge of getting ready to move over the next few months.
It wasn’t the work of getting it all out, as it was that if I left it all in…
it would already be PACKED.
And by left it all in,
No cards (and I’m really sorry about that. I promise I’ll send SOME form of mail soon)
I didn’t even do STOCKINGS.
We spend Christmas with our families, so the kids still got STOCKINGS. They just didn’t have them at our house.
I didn’t have time to make anything for family, so I bought stuff. And to me, that never seems as neat or personal…
I really sound grinch.
In proof that our holiday wasn’t
Twelve Photos of Christmas
- Macs using his stocking as a hat.
- Travis and Josh “smiling” for the camera
- Flowers in a coffee pot made special for me by My MOM.
- Josh being himself.
- Take TWO of number 2.
- My try at Bokeh photography like Maria does.
- Our custom family game of monoploly that I bought a couple years ago at Joann’s on line. Full of inside jokes and places. It’s our version of oral family history, because everyone always shares the stories each year. It takes forever to play, but it’s never NOT been played since Travis made it. Makes me smile in my heart every time I see it.
- MigMogopoly money.
- Self portrait in front of my mom’s tree.
- An ornament made by my hubby when he was a little boy… hanging on his mom’s tree.
- Josh and my mom’s Christmas tree… I love this photo.
- My first born. I can’t believe he’s not a little boy anymore… This photo is HIM.
Two five dollar bills to equal $55 dollars.
Encouragement to buy a Ducks hoody given to a Beaver fan.
It’s the kinda humor Travis family excels at. The hilarity was not lost on Josh.
Macs with one of his cousins… I love that they are years apart, and play so well together. Just like their daddies did when they were kids.
Made with LOVE…
Close up of the flowers my mom made me. I love them.
So see? This year really WASN’T all bah bug and hum. Looking over the photos of the time we spent with family, I really can see that Christmas really ISN’T about presents and getting stuff.
I plan to be more prepared NEXT year.
is it next year yet?