So I got tagged with this a while ago, but I hadn’t had the chance to get it filled out. If you want to be tagged, then you have been! If not, just read, and enjoy!
1. What was your most memorable Christmas like? The years when my uncle Mitch got to be there with his guitar, and we all looked at old slides with my gramma and grampa.
2. What was the best gift you ever received as a child? The year I got my Laura Ingles out fit.
3. What is your favorite cookie/candy to make at Christmastime? Fudge
4. What does Christmas mean to you? Family, Celebrations, Lights, Remembering, Cozy, Love, Laughter, Candles and Jesus.
5. What are your plans this year? To try and keep to our traditions as much as we can, living farther from them than we used to.
6. What kinds of gifts do your kids desire? Books, Action Figures, Games
7. Which ornament that you own is the most special and why? Every year, I buy a new dove ornament in honor of my gramma, who loved Christmas. My most special ornaments are the ones that I took when she passed away.
8. Does your tree have a decorated theme ~ or is it mix matched? No theme. A little of everything. Some childhood ornaments from my childhood, lots from my gramma, new ones, and some from my kids. Lots of lights. Vintage plastic illuminated Santas that I collect.
9. Do you do anything special on Christmas Eve? We celebrate with Travis’ side of the family, and we set out cookies and milk for Santa. When we lived in houses with no Chimeny, we hung an old key on the door. Now it’s just part of our tradition, and it gives Santa some choices…..
10. When do you start your Christmas shopping? About one to two months before Christmas.
11. What is your opinion of the Christmas season in general? I love it.
12. What do you love about Christmas? The warm and cozy of everything.
13. What traditions do you hold that you do every year? Cookies for Santa. The Key on the door. Travis and I get the kids up WAAAAAY early. We wake my parent’s up on Cristmas Day.
14. When do you open presents? Christmas Eve? Christmas morning? Yes.
15. What was the best gift you received as an adult? My mom usually pegs me pretty good. The best one was from my sister. She spent WAY too much, but we got to spend a day together, just us two. It was one of the best days ever. I would’ve loved it even without the spa and Massage.
16. What is your favorite Christmas song? Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree
17. Do you watch special movies and shows during Christmas? Olive the Other Reindeer, and The Grinch with Jim Carry
18. Do you send out Christmas cards or family letters? I plan to this year, but I haven’t always.
19. Do you have a special breakfast or meal on Christmas day? We have Christmas Dinner with Travis’ side of the Family on Christmas Eve, Christmas Breakfast with my side of the family, and my sister Melea’s Birthday Dinner on Christmas night.
20. Do you decorate your whole house or just the living room area? Mostly the Living room.
21. Do you decorate the outside of your house with lights? Yes, and Garlands and Other goodies.
22. Do you exchange gifts with your friends? Some of them.
23. Do you have a sad Christmas memory? Not really.
24. Do you sing in a cantata or sing Christmas specials?
25. Does your church have Christmas services? Yes.
26. Do you do anything to celebrate Jesus? We put out a Nativity in the house. I talk to the kids about that aspect of Christmas’ Celebrations.