I am a many hat wearing artist and farmer. I design for Creative Paperclay®, Amazing Crafting Products, and Gauche Alchemy. I own the art journaling prompt blog, A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and the photography inspired,Monday Mugshots on Facebook!
I specialize in creativity and mixed media art through thrifting, up-cycling, re-purposing and new design. I have had the privilege of being published in several Stampington Publications, and is a contributing artist in Seth Apter’s newest Mixed Media book, “The Mixed-Media Artist: Art Tips, Tricks, Secrets and Dreams from Over 40 Amazing Artists”. I love breaking rules, and I’m married to a cop. (is that like a double negative?) When I’m not obsessively refreshing my Facebook page, I like to create things with thrift store findings and things other people call the J word… (that’s JUNK) When I’m not creating things, I am neglecting housework, spending time with my family by the river in the summer, playing horseshoes with the kin folk, cheering too loudly and possibly cursing at my kid’s games, and milking goats. Not necessarily in that order, except for the neglecting house work part. I’m glad you’re here!
You can find me on line at the following places!
Instagram: http://www.Instagram.com/WhetzelMomma and hashtags #MondayMugshots, #MigMogAcres and #RachelWhetzelArt
Designers, painters, illustrators, sculptors, jewelry artisans, photographers, textile artists, paper artisans, assemblage artisans, re-fabricators, junkers, weekend crafters, whatever your medium -all creatives are welcome.
Lets face it. Artists are visual creatures, and Instagram is hands down a favorite social media outlet for creatives, where else can you craft your brand so easily? Share your works, behind the scenes info, your musings and inspiration, and build your social following in such a fun expressive way!
The featured photo of the week will be the most liked photograph with the hashtag #artisthop. So don’t forget to double click those photos and comment with the hashtag, you may be the next featured photographer!
This week the featured photo is is the one with the most overall likes from last weeks attendee’s feeds. And this weeks featured Photograph is from Hillary’s feed, @hillaryscrafty !
The weekly featured photo will be showcased on Pinterest in Unique Junktique’s Instagram Artists Hop Board
- You must be a creative to participate any form any medium
- Follow your Host and Co-Host:
- Brenda of Unique Junktique ~ Instagram @uniquejunktique
- Rachel of Mine To Thine ~ Instagram @whetzelmomma
- Link up your Instagram web profile
- Link up your Instagram profile in the linky one of two ways:
- http://instagram.com/username or
- Check out the other artists profiles
- FOLLOW others and build your social platform.
- COMMENT. Let them know you dropped in from #ArtistHop, using the hashtag in the comment area on your favorite photos allows me to find the most popular photo, and feature it in next weeks party.
- Most importantly, mingle and have some fun.
- Share, Share, Share!! Tweet, post to G+, Facebook, or your favorite social platform, let’s build an art community together, get our stuff out there, Artist’s Unite!
- Feel Free to grab the graphic if you like, and share wherever. (Maybe on your Instagram feed?)
- Insert your Link Below:
Enjoy the Creative Visions and see you on Instagram!