1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We have the gifts from Mom and Dad under the tree. Santa brings gifts for the boys that he has wrapped, and fills our stockings on Christmas Eve.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Icicle lights outside, multi colors inside and out on the trees. If I had it my way, I’d have all one color, but Travis and the boys like the multi colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I can’t FIND any!
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey with cranberry sauce.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Wondering every year, which wrapping paper was mine. Trying to figure it out by the shape of the boxes. Opening my paper clue on Christmas Eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The truth is, I always knew he was based on an actual person.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we open gifts with Travis’ family on Christmas Eve. When I was a kid, we got to pick ONE gift to open before bed.
10.How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With a mix of nostalgia and kid ornaments. My mom gets me an ornament every year still to this day. If I like it, it goes on the tree.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it!!!
12. Can you ice skate? A little bit.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don’t think I could name ONE favorite! I am always impressed by the thoughtful things that Travis’ brother gives. We see him at family things, but we don’t have the chance to really be together on a day to day basis. Somehow, he seems to know just what to get. His gifts always FIT the person he’s giving to.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Just remembering Christmas as a kid. Now that my gramma is gone, I really think about her around this time. A lot of my Christmas things were hers, and I enjoy the closeness and connection I have to her through this season. I got my love for it from her and my mom.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pie. Really doesn’t matter what kind.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have so many! I really like the tradition that we started after Travis and I got married. We go and wake my parents up after we do Christmas at our house Christmas morning. It makes me feel like a kid again, and the boys love it.
What tops your tree? A Snowflake.
18. Prefer giving or receiving? Definitely giving! I like planning the giving! LOL
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Rockin‘ Around the Christmas Tree (the Home Alone version)
20. Candy Canes, yuck or yummy? Yummy!
Oh, and by the way…..